Image Map

Friday, April 4, 2014

Practicing For Two

No, I am not pregnant, but I think Brendan and I have agreed that 2015 would be a good year to add another crazy bean to our family. When I was little I used to want four kids, because I was always jealous of that big family dynamic. Now that I've started a little family of my own, with no family members living anywhere near us, I think 2 kids might be more realistic. Actually, I know I'm going to want a third in my heart, but let's see how much hair I have left after ripping it all out from the first two.

On Tuesday, Noah and I had the pleasure of hanging out with our very fun and loquacious friend Carmen for the afternoon! This kid's verbal skills are amazing at 14 months. I asked her if she wanted to read the Elmo book and she said, "Ya ya! Elmo!" This blew my mind. Anyway, I thought I'd try doing my regular afternoon things with both of them in tow.

This is what went down: I strapped C in the stroller and N in the Ergobaby. We then headed out for our walk and proceeded to garner all the attention in Capitol Hill. My elderly next door neighbour called me a "strong gal" which I think is a compliment; others were confused by the extra baby I now had, and mostly people were slayed by the cuteness of my baby companions in matching Chucks, who were waving furiously at passersby.

I went to Starbucks for a caffeine fix, then to the bakery for a macaron that I rationalized myself into thinking I needed, and the grocery store. I was kinda dreading the grocery store, but we needed dinner and it had to be done. The babes got crank-y at self checkout (OMG I did self checkout), so I needed to make my escape before too much screaming occurred. Then we FaceTimed with our friends in Minnesota, walked to the park and back, and went home for snacks and water!

There was no crying, only happy babies, but there was absolutely lots and lots of mess. It's to be expected though, right? I realize this was only a snippet of a day, and with two kids the same age who can keep each other busy, but I still did it. I even have pictures so you know I'm not lying! Happy weekend folks!

Taken by a nice stranger

I think they both look a little embarrassed

No comments:

Post a Comment