Image Map

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blowing Chunks

I am not sure how I am supposed to keep diligently persevering with this. Every single time I give Noah any solid food that isn't 100% pureed, he pukes all over the world. He's 7 and a half months old, so I don't think I'm rushing it, but I'm not a fan of the barfing anymore. Should I just stop trying and wait until he's a bit bigger? I don't even know, the last thing I want to do is to slow down his progress.

We absolutely live in a pasta eating kind of household, so I thought we'd try some cut up chicken ravioli. Each piece was even smaller than a pea, and it still made him gag, choke and vomit. I feel like I tricked the poor baby, because I ate some first, which made him excited to stuff it in his mouth. I got a dirty look as a reward for my adventurousness.


We've tried avocado too, mostly mashed up with a slight chunky texture. Oh man, forget it! Green pukey milk all over the table. Then, I bought some little organic puffs that are supposed to melt in the mouth. He got vomit all over himself, mommy, and the stroller. It was a projectile one too. I really regret that last one because now my beautiful stroller smells like sour milk.


I guess pureed food it is. For now anyway, until I can summon enough courage to try again. Maybe I'll make Brendan do it, I'm too scared.

The good news is, he thinks pureed food is the bees knees, and I'm so glad that we've got a plethora of delicious organic options for him to chow down on. Plum Organics and Ella's Kitchen come in handy packs, and he pretty much eats one a day. I try to vary it with half a more fruity one for lunch, and half a mostly veggie one for dinner. He's such a good boy, he always lets me know when he's full, by sticking his tongue out at me and blowing raspberries. :P


These were the offending puffs, which are delicious, by the way (to mommy). -A friend's baby also puked this out, so maybe they're actually just gross to babies, who knows:


The puffs weren't a total waste though. The small human decided he liked it better as a rolling rattle that he could chase around the apartment. 


Even an hour later it was still fun!

4 comments:

  1. Lol my nephew loved the puffs but his seemed to be a different flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was more the texture he was hating. Oh well, more snacks for mommy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I bought Oliver those same exact puffs, and he gave me a real sour look when it went in his mouth. He also uses it as a rattle!! Haha.
    I think just wait a couple of weeks, and try try again.
    I wish Oliver would eat the puree':-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, even from far away the boys are eating the same things that they both hate. :P

    ReplyDelete