Image Map

Monday, April 21, 2014

Noah Gibberish

I'm not going to lie, it was a slightly difficult and emotional weekend. Nevertheless, it's a new week and I'm going to try to remain in the present moment since it's going to be jam packed. Health-wise, I only started to feel truly better on Sunday, which meant I got to have somewhat of a birthday do-over, which was nice.

My Small Human has a nasty cough and I'm trying not to worry. It isn't non-stop, but it's phlegmy. He's happy and playful though! It's astounding how quickly they learn and grow. We talk to him like he's fully able to communicate with us, and he seems to truly understand. The only thing is, he isn't exactly capable of expressing himself with words that momie and dada can comprehend, it's still just gibberish. For now.

I am expecting to be shocked off my rocker any week now by a talking toddler. He's definitely got his own vocabulary, judging by the repetitive nature of certain specific sounds and actions. Ah I love him so much! He's this intelligent little sponge that gets smarter with each passing day.

As a result of this growth, he's developing very strong and distinct likes and dislikes. We are fast approaching the Terrible Twos. Actually, I think we are there a little early judging by the tantrums, refusal to eat things, and the deliberate ignoring of our admonishing. Fun times ahead!

New Things Noah Can Do:

  • Blow people kisses on command
  • Put away his toys and books when asked
  • Distinguish food he likes from food he dislikes
  • Point to his nose when asked
  • Copy mommy and daddy's actions
  • Feel remorse for misbehaving
  • Reach things that are astonishingly high, he's tall!

Playing Peek-a-boo with the dish towel!



No comments:

Post a Comment