Image Map

Friday, October 25, 2013

Stinky Monkey Update

I have truly crossed the line into that ridiculous world called Parenthood. It is a world where you will do whatever it takes to get the job done, while keeping your child safe, happy, and healthy.

I decided to mix it up today by bathing Noah in the late morning instead of the evening. Then I prepared a short medley of songs to play that was no longer than ten minutes: Sweet Child 'O Mine, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, and Baby Love. (I can't believe I did that either)

All the bath toys that we owned got lined up on the tub, the heat lamp was on, the bath was running, and I eased the baby into the routine by playing with the toys and reciting some of his favourite books that I already know by heart. It looked promising!

Then I undressed him and he started to panic, so I told him mama would take a bath with him. That baby clung to me for dear life as we entered the bath water, like a terrified little koala.

There was whimpering, but no crying! And after a few minutes, he was totally playing, while I manically recited "Moo Baa La La La" and "I Love You Through and Through". But then I found myself having fun too, and we were two happy Wilsons, getting clean without screaming or tears.

I started to do some pedicure prep in the bath since he was calm, and he lifted his little feet in the air too, wanting his own feet scrubbed! I laughed so hard, but obliged, which made him giggle with joy.

Great, did I just start a "I will only bathe with mama" thing? Maybe I should just embrace this opportunity while I can. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone! xoxo

Why he needs a bath every day

No comments:

Post a Comment