Image Map

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Mommy & Baby Schedule

At our favourite Starbucks with the best baristas in town!
Being at home with a baby is exhausting, but it's not impossible, especially if you and your baby are both healthy! The difficulty factor ramps up significantly if you and/or your babe is sick.

My little man just happens to be a whirling dervish. He likes opening and closing drawers and cupboard doors (yes we are in baby proofing mode), speed-crawling down the hall, spinning the toilet paper roll, eating books, dancing while holding onto things, turning the Xbox on and off, and standing and swinging his toys around. He also loves to bite mommy and climb daddy, and wave to people. He says Dada and Maba now, and presumably, I am Maba.

By the time it's 7pm, I am exhausted and ready for Noah to go to sleep for the night.

We do fun activities like reading, peek-a-boo, mommy the tickle monster, singing children's songs and pop songs, I perform Shakespeare for him, which he thinks is hilarious and stupid, I am sure, and we go for a walk every single day during the week. Mr. Noah does not like to be cooped up in the house all day!

On Mondays we have a mommy & baby class that we go to with our friends Robyn & Carmen, and on Wednesdays we have mommy & baby play dates. I just love watching my Small Human interact with other small humans! It makes my day, and also makes for hilarious email updates for his daddy.

Noah and I also like to go on city jaunts, to either walk and see the city, or to go shopping. My baby is very used to clothing store dressing rooms. ;) However, on Friday we're going to a pumpkin patch and I am so excited!

Our schedule loosely goes something like this:

Swinging at the playground!
7-8am: Noah wakes up and eats breakfast with daddy while mommy sleeps

9-10am: mommy gets up and ready so daddy can go to work

10-11am: bottle, change into outfit for the day, reading, playing with toys and bunnies, and singing. Popular songs with my son are the Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Head Shoulders Knees & Toes. Anything interactive. Mostly I end up chasing Noah, stopping catastrophes, teaching him about discipline, while simultaneously organizing the house.

11-1: Noah naps while mommy cleans up the house and herself (laundry, bathrooms, kitchen, dusting, whatever needs to get done)

12 or 1pm: solid food lunch and small bottle

1-2:30pm: mommy has lunch and Noah plays by himself, usually exploring the room, playing with boxes and toys, throwing all the books off the coffee table, laughing and talking, getting up to no good, etc.

2:30-3:30pm: During nap time, mommy writes out a grocery list and makes necessary appointments for the family. Also do some product research, and blog posts.

3:30pm: bottle, then walking time! We go to the grocery store, drugstore, Starbucks, and go for a walk around our neighborhood and to the big park nearby to play and watch the animals!

6pm: solid food dinner, tooth brushing, bath, and winding down play for the day

7pm: bottle with rice cereal, reading and sleep time. He goes down without a fuss now if he is not teething.

At 7pm I start dinner for Brendan and I, and we usually have a nice quiet night, unless Noah decides to wake up in the middle of the night.

Sleep. Repeat.

"My mommy is weird"
Today I taught him about maple trees
Brushing his teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment