Image Map

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

All The Organic Baby Food

Noah has been really packing in the baby food. I'm not sure where he puts it all, cause he's a wiry and muscular little baby. I guess it explains his super active and squirmy baby lifestyle!

He's still most comfortable with the pureed baby food, but he's starting to get the hang of his puffs and Mum-Mums, cheese and eggs. When I feed him tiny pieces of what I'm eating, he'll eat it, but if I put a selection of food pieces in front of him, he just likes to touch it and smash it. Very little actually makes it into his mouth, let alone enough to count as nutrition.

I guess we're doing it the old school baby way, which I am fine with. It's how we were both raised, and neither one of us has a problem with eating whatever we want now!

We are not going the homemade baby food route, simply because I feel like our storage needs can't be met. We've got a crappy apartment box freezer above our fridge, and its ability to keep things properly frozen is questionable. I just wouldn't feel comfortable making a batch of food for Noah and freezing the rest for later, only to find out it went bad because of improper storage temperature. Food poison = bad.

I am not even a little bit ashamed to say that I buy Noah's baby food. Instead of buying single packets at the grocery store, I finally decided to buy it directly from the company. We chose to go with Ella's Kitchen Organic Baby Food.

Ella's Kitchen was born out of one family's need to provide their kids with healthy, organic, delicious food. They're constantly coming up with new and fun food combinations, and my baby loves their stuff, which was priority number one for me.

Excited about his huge food haul!

Mmm spinach and rutabaga


Small Human knows what these packets are, so when I was opening up the boxes on the floor, he was going nuts, trying to carry as many as he could at once and run away! Silly banana. I'm glad he's as excited as mommy is!

No comments:

Post a Comment