Image Map

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Even Moms Should Heed Warnings

Have you ever heard that you're supposed to take it easy and not over exert yourself after you've just been sick? Yeah, I think all of us have heard that advice a million times in our lives, but don't necessarily heed it. I was sick last Saturday, just a cold but with a fever. I started to feel better after about 24 hours. By Tuesday I felt awesome and decided to do all the things.

I shouldn't have tried to do all the things. I vacuumed and did laundry. I walked downtown with the stroller. I went shopping and gallivanting. I felt kinda cold but I ignored it. Then I walked back home with the stroller, all uphill. To top it all off, for some reason unknown to man, I decided to go for a jog. WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING?

I am paying for it now, my cold came back this morning, and I proceeded to scare my husband by having a mini meltdown. It's hard to take care of an energetic baby monkey when you're sick and you are all alone, thousands of miles away from family.

There is nothing to do but suck it up cause life goes on (at least I don't have the flu!). I also realized that it's fine to have brief moments of weakness once in a while. You are not a bad mother if you are not 100% stoic 100% of the time. I'm really proud of Brendan and I for doing it by ourselves out here. If this post makes no sense, sorry, I'm feeling a bit cloudy headed.

Sometimes, even mommies want their mommies.

Happy & healthy yesterday!
Sick and sarcastic today




No comments:

Post a Comment