Image Map

Saturday, October 5, 2013

First Time Moms Are Annoying

I am actually talking about myself, so please excuse the generalization. :) The reason why I think I am annoying is because I treat every little thing like a huge medical emergency. Noah's got the sniffles because of me presumably, and it was all I could do to stop myself from running out and buying a humidifier and vapourizer today. I did, however pick up some grape scented Boogie Wipes, travel packs of Kleenex, and I also made sure we were well stocked with saline nose drops and Nosefrida Snot Sucker filters. I. Am. Crazy.

Now you know who to bring with you in case of a zombie apocalypse, cause I am always prepared.

My little man is so sweet and good-natured though, that you would never know he had a cold. He's still smiley and playful and quite happy! Sleep is a different story, however. He's been sleeping 10 to 12 hours a night for the last week and a half (YESSS), but now he's having more fitful sleep due to the congestion. Hmm, maybe I should've gotten that vapourizer after all.

If he's anything like his daddy, he'll kick this cold in a day. I'm sure it's natural for me to want to monitor his temperature constantly, and check that he can breathe properly, but I'm starting to feel like an insane person. I checked on him like, 87 times in the last 4 hours. RELAX, LILIBETH.

There doesn't seem to be anything that I can actively do, other than keep him comfortable and warm, and just ride it out. Just thanking my lucky stars that he doesn't have a stomach bug or something scary.

Do you guys have any tips on how to care for a babe with a cold? I'd love to hear some real-life mommy experiences!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sorry no tips here. Luckily we haven't had to deal with it yet. But at least he seems pretty happy so he must not be in pain or be too uncomfortable. That's a good thing! We have a humidifier in his room already and use it every few days and we got boogie wipes in one of our gift baskets from my shower so we're ready if needed. lol How do you like the saline drops? I keep forgetting to buy those and probably should one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knock on wood that he's never been sick! The saline drops are really handy for the harder boogers that get stuck, and he doesn't seem to mind it. He loves getting his nostrils cleared out, my little weirdo. I guess it must feel like a relief. :P

    ReplyDelete