Image Map

Friday, October 18, 2013

Holiday Decorating?!

Don't worry, I don't mean Christmas. I've never really been one to decorate for every random holiday. I always viewed it as a waste of time, and where the heck do you store all your decorations after the festivities are done? There are so many too: Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Canada Day, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, seriously, who has the time?!

Now that Noah is older and more aware of his surroundings though, I feel compelled to seasonally decorate. I'm starting off slow, nothing too garish or cheesy (yet), but I have discovered that it's pretty fun!

It may be because I have a compulsion to get anything that is in miniature form (sliders, mini cupcakes, et al), but I saw a bag of adorable mini pumpkins at the grocery store and just had to get them! Look how cute:




If they last, I'll be able to keep them 'til Thanksgiving, and since they're real I don't have to find room for them in storage. The piece de resistance will be the pumpkin(s) that we are going to carve on Saturday, and maybe a little ghostie or ghoul!

Now my mission in life is to find cute turkey garlands. Is that a thing? Surely it must be, this is America. To the Holiday Mobile, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment