Image Map

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Never A Dull Moment

Tuesday morning I assumed I would wake up all recovered from the germy cold I had over the weekend, but I was wrong. My healing sore throat had somehow renewed itself, probably from lack of sleep due to bingeing on Orange Is The New Black until 2am, oops. I was so tired but couldn't sit down to have a cup of coffee until noon. NOON.

That is usually when Noah starts to wind down for nap time. He likes to relax on my lap and fiddle with a toy or just lie back on me while I type a blog post or answer emails. Yesterday morning though, I got surprise attacked by a hyper boy as I was taking a sip of coffee. I ended up with coffee all over my hair, face, body, the chair, table and carpet. I was not pleased, but luckily it wasn't hot and not a single drop of it landed on Noah.

Whatever, spills happen and you move on. We went out to run errands later which was fine at first, but then Noah proceeded to throw tantrums at every place we went to. We're talking red-in-the-face-from-screaming-so-hard-tantrums. I don't know when I will be able to go out in public again without getting embarrassed 3 or more times a day.

Then he had custody of my keys for the last time ever, because he chucked them so hard that they almost fell into a sewer grate. After that, I guess he was hot because he started to remove his clothing and throw it from his stroller as we walked, one article at a time. Arrghh!!

This is why I don't bother with the gym, I do plenty of squatting, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling and cardio from going up and down hills and running after Noah.

For those of you who think I only post fake, shiny, happy pictures of our life, here's a very real one for you, complete with makeshift bookshelf barricades and mess. I am not a morning person, especially not when I'm sick. He looks very sweet giving me a blanket, but soon after he tried to put the pot lid on my face.

Don't worry, those are shorts, I assure you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment