Image Map

Friday, May 23, 2014

Mild OCD

I'm pretty sure I suffer from some very mild form of obsessive compulsive disorder. I do not in any way mean to diminish or trivialize people who are truly incapacitated by OCD, as I have never been professionally diagnosed.

I can't handle mess; all the labels in my house have to be facing out towards me; clutter and disorganization make me feel sick to my stomach; misplacing items can drive me mad; and even if I have an injury, I will make sure things are clean. I vacuumed the house and really hurt myself soon after my C-section cause I was going to lose it if I couldn't clean. Sometimes I even feel like I can't breathe when Noah's area at the table is covered in crumbs and peanut butter after breakfast. I never leave the house if I haven't picked up and put away all the toys or washed the dishes.

Definitely obsessive compulsive.

Now that you know this about me, you can imagine how insane I went yesterday when I couldn't for the life of me, find the brand new stick of sunscreen I had just used that morning. I spent three hours searching every nook, cranny, and crevice in our tiny apartment. Nothing. I even asked my husband to check his bag at work and he discovered a plethora of alphabet blocks and a lion teether, but no sunscreen. He did however, mention that he took out the recycling this morning. Aha! So during Noah's nap I went out to the recycling dumpster to dive for that stupid stick of sunscreen and lo and behold, there it was buried in a sea of bubble wrap.

I thought I was done with the exhaustive searching until Noah decided to lose his letter A magnet. I searched high, I searched low, I made Brendan do an independent search. We used flashlights and overturned everything that could be overturned. Nothing. There was even a breakfast interrogation, but he wouldn't spill.

Needless to say, I feel yucky and crazy. I have to kick this feeling cause it's just going to keep happening throughout his childhood. Parenting never ceases to surprise me.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend! And a great weekend for the non-Americans! Follow me on Instagram for weekend picture updates. :)

Sand box play date with Mary & Wiley!

No comments:

Post a Comment