Image Map

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Last Minute Mother's Day Ideas for Partners

FYI, Mother's Day is this coming Sunday. For many people, this will have either slipped your mind or just completely escaped you. No big deal. Not all moms want a physical material thing anyway, but an acknowledgement of their awesomeness. So it's vital that you do not diminish that, but rather give it fanfare.

Here are a few things that I would personally be happy to receive!

1. Child-Free Time

If you don't have the luxury of doting grandparents, aunts, and uncles nearby, this is like the mythical unicorn of motherhood. You hear that it's beautiful and wonderful, but is seemingly non-existent.

2. Starbucks Gift Card (or the like)

Gift cards seem like a cop out, but not if they will be put to good use. For me, getting a latte is like going to get my daily dose of sanity. Plus it's delicious.

3. Groceries & Dinner Without Consultation

I think this is pretty self-explanatory. As the homemaker and primary cook, I get really tired/bored of thinking of what my family should eat next. A break from this would be totally welcome.

4. Anything At All Made By My Baby

I know that I can look forward to many years of weird and wonky Mother's Day presents from my Small Human, but I don't have many of those yet, so I would love this. (Framed would be even better!)

5. Spa or Salon Treatment

Anyone would enjoy some pampering or getting a fresh new haircut or dye for spring. Seems so simple, but is a really nice gesture. This is a double whammy of awesome, cause it presumably also includes child-free time.

6. Just Remembering Her

A simple, heartfelt and genuine "Happy Mother's Day to the best mother to my child" would suffice, followed by a big smooch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment