Image Map

Monday, March 24, 2014

Luxe Weekend

My Saturday was freaking amazing. I spent most of the morning and afternoon getting pampered and swathed in relaxation at the spa. It had been so long since I experienced anything that sumptuous that I informed the staff I was never leaving.

My services included a hand and foot moisturization treatment with heat therapy mitts and boots; a 75 minute full shebang facial with massage; a 90 minute full body massage; a leg and foot massage and scrub with yummy essential oils; and of course, I napped in the sauna like any good mommy escapee. Between services I lounged on a daybed in the Relaxation Room with Glamour magazine and a bunch of mixed nuts that I washed down with cucumber water. Really, what more do you need?!

Brendan and I go for monthly 90 minute massages, but this was just deliciously opulent for me. I feel a bit like a new woman, and it really helps that Noah has been extra hilarious and the weather has been gorgeous. Add food, fun and friends to the mix, and that makes for a really wonderful weekend in my book!

I have to admit that I felt really guilty and a bit sad to leave for the spa. Then when I walked out of the spa, I saw another little toddler walking around and making his daddy laugh, which was the perfect thing for me to see as I ended my day of alone time and relaxation. I wanted to go home to my boys, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy Monday! May spring warmth and sunshine reach all of you, wherever you may be. (specifically Montreal, sorry guys)

In the dark Relaxation Room :)

No comments:

Post a Comment