Image Map

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Highs & Lows

Life is full of them, otherwise it wouldn't be worth living. You need the lows in order to appreciate the highs, and you need the highs to get you through the damn lows. I fully understand this, but it doesn't mean I don't feel completely beat up at the end of a hard day and yes, hard days are relative.

The day started off well enough with a great play date with some awesome friends, tasty quiche, and a fun photo shoot for a book that we are making. Yes, a book, because we are the coolest mommies around town!

After this, it started to go downhill. My Small Human got a 20 minute power nap on our drive home, despite all my psychotic efforts to keep him awake. I sang Lithium, Toxic, Jingle Bells, and the theme song to Sesame Street at the top of my lungs while clapping at every stop and screaming "Yay! Woohoo!" and pinching his feeties, to keep his eyes open. When we got home he was more awake than Ernie on cocaine.

Then the cranky whining began, accompanied by much drooling and what I think was gum pain. After this was screaming, the throwing of any object within reach, and repeatedly falling on his face. He only cheered up on our walk. It was too brief, but so wonderful and very much needed by both of us!

I looked in the mirror tonight after this long and difficult day and I looked older. Obviously this is inevitable, being on borrowed time, but is this even something I can control? Will trying to relax and not worry help? I know I make such a big deal out of napping but the fact is, if he doesn't sleep life is just plain crappy.

My only consolation is that even amidst the tumult, we still managed to live and love and sing and dance. Just another day in the life of a stay at home momie.

How can we not be cheered up by this beautiful west coast weather?



And then the non-stop crying came back. He was soooo tired.


30 seconds after I took the last crying picture

No comments:

Post a Comment