Image Map

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mommy's Night

Managing to plan a moms night out is a huge feat. All of your schedules and the husbands' schedules need to match up, and when all the stars align and the moon is in the right phase, it can actually happen. One of these mystical nights occurred on Tuesday and it was the mysticalest.

We all really just needed to not be out with our babies. We could all eat and talk to each other in peace. Fancy that. No tantrums, no screaming, no one needing our attention. We laughed, we ate delicious food, we drank wine, it was so nice!

I have known this wondrous group of women for almost a year now, and I love each and every single one of them. They've all contributed to my sanity, and have helped in enriching mine and Noah's lives in so many ways. They are like my war buddies, the ones who know what I went through in those first difficult weeks with a newborn, and can always commiserate with me because they went through it at the same time.

Thank you for being my mommy rocks, I love and appreciate you all so much. xoxo

Did I mention that Brendan is a superhero? He wrangled two crazy monkeys, played with them, read to them, and got them both to sleep somehow. Nicole and I were flabbergasted when Brendan emailed me that the boys were both fast asleep. I'm not being facetious, I really think he deserves a medal. Or maybe pie, yeah, he loves pie.

Of course, the one night I go out also happens to be the night that Small Human ends up barfing all night long. Never in my life have I been more grateful to have a husband and a washer/dryer. Thank goodness Noah owns one million pajamas, sleep sacks and blankets, or we'd never have gotten through the night. It was starting to feel like a nightmarish Broadway production after the 5th costume change.

He's better now, and so are we! Go us!

Post dinner at Tallulah

Hunting for candy like a bunch of teenagers. ELIZA!

No comments:

Post a Comment