Image Map

Friday, February 14, 2014

Adventures in Parenthood

From the moment I woke up, I knew it would be one of those days. The first thing I felt was the huge, painful pimple on my chin. The first thing I saw was Toby's poop, scattered all over the nursery floor. For no reason, just cause. Then I encounter a sick husband who actually called in sick from work. Plus one very happy but clingy baby. Not too bad.

Our internet stopped working which is annoying, and I tried all the lame ways to try to fix it but to no avail. My experience as a receptionist came in handy today, making appointments while Small Human yelled at the top of his lungs right next to me. For no reason, just cause. Of course, as soon as I was done each phone call, he would stop being boisterous and walk away quietly. What a stinker! This is why the internet is my preferred form of communication.

Then it got really exciting. Noah's boy bits were red when I changed his poopy diaper, and he even winced when I pressed on him lightly. I called the doctor immediately, it felt wrong. I got an appointment right away, but there was still a lot of waiting. Getting a one year old off schedule can be bad news, especially if you're trying to contain him.

The rest of my whole day was spent pacifying my son and walking all over Capitol Hill very, very slowly as I waited for him to toddle up and down the hills with me. We have a fungal infection situation, which meant a stop at the drug store and more waiting. By the end of this, I had a tiny wind up toy going berserk and running back and forth and chasing dogs. Hilarious but exhausting.

I got rewarded with the easiest bed time to date, and you can bet your bottom dollar I ordered sushi and watched the Olympics on the couch all night with the mister.

I would LOVE a sickness-free, infection-free, sleep and fun-filled weekend please. With lots of sunshine and yummy coffee. May you have one as well! :)

Happy birthday Unka Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment