Image Map

Monday, February 10, 2014

Boring Weekend

We didn't really do anything productive at all this weekend. I've got a head and chest cold, so I'm taking it easy. Noah and I did go for a walk Saturday night though, and something magical happened: It started to snow in Seattle. It's not unheard of, but it definitely doesn't happen often in the city so it feels like something out of a storybook, and not like the annoyance that we have come to see it as out east. That said, Noah didn't care.

I got really excited and started to dance around and catch the snowflakes and Small Human may as well have been a teenager out with his highly embarrassing mother. He's probably too little to care but his indifference was hilarious!

Not having any plans at all is the worst. We were supposed to go to our little friend's first birthday party on Saturday, but I started to get progressively worse, so we stayed home. (Sad!) Then Sunday we pretty much stayed inside all day as well, even though we had planned to go out for dinner. Boring. As. Heck. Small Human likes being cooped up about as much as I do, so naturally he started to freak out by late afternoon. At least I'm being responsible and staying inside instead of spreading my germs all over Seattle? No, that still doesn't make me feel better about it.

I never thought I would ever look forward to Mondays as much as I do now. Then we can get back to our usual mommy and baby routine. Oh man, motherhood is weird. Here's hoping I'm less of a vessel of sickness tomorrow. Somebody pass the Vicks and sing me Soft Kitty please.

Here's a gratuitous picture of the Small Human, doesn't he look like a big boy here?!


No comments:

Post a Comment