Image Map

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nap Time Frustration

I have been trying unsuccessfully, all afternoon to get my Small Human to take his afternoon nap. It is now 5:15pm on a Tuesday and he is howling because I've left him in his crib.

I am feeling so frustrated right now, that it's better that we are in different rooms. I just wanna yell at him and spank him, but I'm not going to do that. He won't understand that mommy is experiencing impatience and anger, he'll just feel confused and scared probably. Also, I would rather burn alive than ever hurt him.

The thing is, if he doesn't sleep now, he will have such a fitful sleep later. That is all I am trying to avoid here. I am going to lose my marbles. Every time he cries, it's like my energy gets siphoned out through my heart. After six minutes pass I cave in.

When I went to get him he just melted into my arms like we were one person. He giggled in that hiccuppy way kids do after they've been crying really hard. How can I deny him the basic need of being comforted and loved by his mama?

OMG I just had an epiphany. The poor kid is clearly transitioning out of his baby double naps and into his one toddler nap. Right? Wait, how do you even do that? Now I wish I had paid closer attention to that annoying mom I met who was obsessed with consolidating her kid's nap time.

If you have any tips or tricks, I'm all ears. Or eyes, as the case may be.

How am I supposed to discipline this hilarious astronaut one day?! 

And just for Christina W. and anyone else who uses Bloglovin':

Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment