Image Map

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Things You Do

It's Thursday night and my husband is out for his weekly game night, while I am at home eating baby snacks for dessert. I realize this is not even remotely close to the most exciting thing you've ever heard in your life, but I thought I'd put that out there anyway.

Eating baby snacks on purpose was the last thing I would've pictured myself doing in my future, and if you plan on being a mother someday, I can tell you now that you will too. At least they are cool, freeze-dried snacks. Astronaut food!

No but seriously, as a mother you will eat everything that your kid doesn't or won't eat, it's inevitable. As it turns out, Small Human is a picky eater. I figured this out the other day when we were eating quiche for lunch. I knew he liked it, which is why I served it at his birthday, but I had no idea just how much. He ate almost as much as momie did.

He was totally fine afterwards too, he didn't puke or burp or act like he had overeaten. What the heck? Had we been starving him all this time just cause he didn't like what we were giving him? We give him pretty much all our food to try, and since everything is new to him it could go either way. Honestly though, most of the time, it's a no.

This is why I am currently eating freeze-dried strawberry yogurt melts. I think his pickiness is also why he always seems to be hungry. That day he ate all the quiche, there was no constant begging for food, he just played for a solid two hours.

Now I just gotta figure out what this kid will seriously chow down on. I gave him the awesomest mac 'n cheese the other day shaped like BUNNIES and he looked at me like I was serving him dirt.

Challenge accepted, Small Human, momie will prevail. Have yourselves a wonderful weekend everyone, stay toasty!




No comments:

Post a Comment