Image Map

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

House of Vomit

Last night, Mr. Wilson and I finally gained access to the exclusive world of parents who have dealt with vomit. Our poor, sweet, still so tiny Small Human, had his first bout of upset stomach last night. All night. We went through 5 pajama changes, 4 dirty sleep sacks, 3 blankets, 2 sheets, 3 baths, 3 loads of laundry, pukey carpets everywhere, and pajama changes for both momie and dada.

It started with him waking up with a poopy diaper, which is unheard of. Then he woke up again an hour later, and when I walked into the room, it smelled like sour cheese. That should have been my first clue, but when I went to pick him up he was dripping with puke! There was barf everywhere!

My poor little sweet pea could only scream and cry, and vomit a little more. By 2am he was the saddest little limp rag doll of a babe who just wanted to stop vomiting and sleep. We took him into our bed, and it seemed like it was finally over, but he had another little episode at 3am and 4am. I woke up at 5 from weird pains in my own stomach, which turned out to be nerves, and I put the Small Human in his crib.

He didn't sleep right away, he just stared at me, with huge, doleful eyes. His throat probably hurt from the acid and still felt queasy. I think my heart broke last night, but he didn't have a fever. We had one more projectile vomit at 10am, but he's been happy and playing, and thankfully getting a good nap in now.

My house smells like cheesy bile. I showered and changed, but I am still exhausted and smell barf everwhere. I think what happened was that Noah ate too many new things yesterday and his belly couldn't hack it. I was trying to be a really laid back, open-minded mommy, but clearly I screwed up somewhere.

I guess the bright side is that he doesn't have a scary virus, but I don't feel like a very good mother. I'm not looking for reassurance, I just feel awful. Poor Brendan went in to work late, and on very little sleep. This is one of those instances when it sucks so hard to have no family around anywhere at all.

We did it though, and I have no idea if this post is even coherent, and I kinda don't care.

My poor little love


Finally asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment