Image Map

Friday, July 18, 2014

Romantic Delusions

I don't know when I'm going to stop my romantic mommy daydreams. Knowing me, probably never because it's fun and I am optimistic about these types of things. In my head, I can have a bunch of beautiful mommy friends with their beautiful babies over for high tea, while we laugh, exchange funny and adorable stories, as our babes play happily in the sunshine, and we eat finger sandwiches and sip tea and lemonade.

I must have read Little Women one too many times because that is not real life. Mommy/Baby get togethers are still fun, they just involve a lot less sitting and relaxing than I would like.

Instead, there was a lot of chasing, standing, and admonishing. There were also heads getting bonked and fingers getting squished accidentally. There was definitely a bit of butt-sniffing, diaper peeking, and booger wiping on the mommies' parts. The whole event being capped off with pre-nap meltdowns, lemonade-spilling, tear wiping, launching of toys off the balcony, fighting over toys and sippy cups, and lots and lots of mama coffee drinking. I think we did manage to stuff some little lemon cakes into our mouths as well, but I'm not entirely certain. Either way, we had a great time.

That my friends, is real life. It keeps us healthy, active, enriched, and on point. My brain never stops trying to organize and prioritize, and my body doesn't stop either until well after Noah is asleep. Parenthood is hectic but fulfilling, stressful but rewarding, and I love it so much even though I complain about it.

My life would be really boring without this crazy toddler, and I think it's good to remind myself of that.

Have a wonderful weekend friends and family!





No comments:

Post a Comment