Image Map

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Baby Labour

Yesterday evening I was trying to get the last of Noah's energy out of his system so that I could start to wind him down for bath time, story time, and bedtime. I thought I would try to achieve this by enticing him to go outside and check the mail with me. He loves checking the mail because I always give him the junk mail envelopes and tell him that they are "his". Also, to get to our mail room you have to go down the hall, down the stairs, down a hill and around through the big driveway past our car, and then presumably back again. That is a long way for a toddler! I know because it was a long way for very pregnant Lilibeth too.

That night though, I also had a bag of recycling to take down but Noah was very interested in it and decided to take over for me. He wouldn't let me help him or even touch the bag, he wanted to do it all by himself. Since it wasn't too heavy or filled with anything sharp or pokey, I just let him. It was oddly very liberating, and I can't wait until he's old enough to do chores! I can't believe this is the same kid who was just barely sitting up by himself a year ago.

Naturally, since it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen, I took pictures. He gets extra points for doing it with no pants too.



At the top of the hill

At the bottom of the hill

No comments:

Post a Comment