Image Map

Thursday, July 24, 2014

All The Strollers

I have just purchased our fourth stroller. The first one, a Graco Stylus, didn't work out for us so I sold it; the second one is the Britax B-Agile, my favourite and the one we use every day; the third was a flimsy Dream on Me umbrella stroller we bought for travelling that served us and also our friends well but eventually died; now we have just acquired a Joovy Groove Ultralight umbrella stroller, also for travelling but much higher quality.

I finally settled on the Joovy Groove Ultralight because of its sturdy design, the generous canopy, and the fact that it's so easy to pick up and carry (it even has a carrying strap). So far we've only tested it out in the apartment and it already feels a million times better than the Dream on Me in terms of maneuverability. The frame is lovely and has no sharp edges, and the handle height is fine for both me and Brendan, even though I'm 5'3" and he's 6'1". The breaks are easy to lock and unlock, even in my bare feet, and that is a deal breaker for this sandal-loving mama. If a stroller's breaks ruin my shoes or pedicure, it's out! The recline feature is also awesome, but it doesn't sit as upright as some other strollers. There's a zippered pocket for storage and a little mesh pocket for your cell phone, as well as the standard storage under the seat.

The only negative thing I have to say about it is its flimsy plastic wheels. They look like something that belongs on a toy stroller, but if I recall, our old Graco had similar wheels, which is why it was a bumpier ride. I'm not too concerned about that now that Small Human is a toddler, and I imagine it's part of the reason why it is "ultralight".

It also comes in blue, purple and black, as well as this lovely grey. All in all, my first impression is that I love it (I am a picky-pants) and I can't wait to test it out on our next family vacation!

Please excuse the awful flash photography, it was dark today.

Playing with the canopy

Pleased with his new ride


No comments:

Post a Comment