Image Map

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Saved By The Sun

I really don't think I would be able to survive this period of Noah's life if it was cold, rainy, and grey in Seattle right now. His energy level is unreal, and he needs to burn it off outside two or three times a day or I'm in trouble. What happens if I don't let him run around and explore outside? I get an overturned house, that's what. He is the smallest hurricane I have ever encountered, but just as destructive.

The destructive behaviour is actually my cue to take him outside because it means he's bored. Pretty self explanatory I think. Brendan and I can't wait until he understands that he shouldn't be throwing our things, and that some stuff is off limits to babies. We have baby-proofed as much as we can and he's mostly respectful, but he's also a toddler so we know there are limitations of course.

Everyone in the neighbourhood knows us now. He's the baby in the blue safari hat that says hi to everyone and tries to hug their dogs! There's a man that plays the violin in front of our drugstore who always changes his tune to either Mary Had A Little Lamb or Twinkle Twinkle; he gets his own cup with his name on it at Starbucks when we go; the folks at the assisted living residence love waving to us as we pass by them on their patio; and the staff of all the groceries in the neighborhood know him very well too.

We get outside a lot.

His most favourite place to go is anywhere I don't have to hold his hand, so big fields with grass and flowers, and he goes bananas over the water fountain at the hospital up the street. The toughest part is getting him to go back home (the screaming starts and people look at me strangely), but it's all worth it in the end cause I get a super tired kid who sleeps from 8pm to 8am.

Plus I get to send his Dada pictures like these. :) Happy Thursday, it's almost the weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment