Image Map

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Putting Things in Storage

I just finished folding and packing away all the clothes that Noah has recently outgrown. It breaks my heart every time I have to do this, not necessarily because I'm sad that my son is growing up so quickly, but because I have no idea if we will have another boy munchkin who will get to wear all of these incredibly cute little outfits. If we have a girl next, that would be great! But then we will for sure say goodbye to Noah's old clothes. **sad mommy**

I can't get over how much stuff we have to bring down to storage: his Snugabunny swing, baby bathtub, and a second crate of his clothing. When I put his blue sunhat in the crate, I almost had a panic attack. I know that kids grow quickly, especially in the first year, but I wasn't prepared for how I would feel about it. Well, maybe I'll hold off on putting the sunhat away until after our California trip. :)

Witnessing Noah learn new things and seeing him pull new tricks out of thin air, feels like such a privilege! He babbled back at me today, as if he was responding in conversation. He's never done that before and I burst out laughing at how wonderful it was. I'm relieved to be a stay at home mom, even if it means that I am mentally and physically drained from running after my little beastlet all day. I'm the one who always gets to see his next new "thing" before it becomes a regular part of his baby repertoire. I'm the one he crawls to if he's upset or feeling tired or hungry. I'm his mommy, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Anyway, this post really isn't about anything at all but my mommy musings. I am just thankful. Life is good. Life is hard. But it's only ours to live for the briefest moment.

I will be kicking off the weekend by announcing the two winners of my Aden+Anais giveaway tomorrow! OhmygoodnessI'msoexcited!

8 months
1 hour

No comments:

Post a Comment