Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fun Gift Ideas For New Mommies

I am a total gift-giver. I love getting presents for people, but it's hard to find things that are both useful, beautiful, yet original. I admit that I never really knew how to buy presents for new moms or moms-to-be, until I myself became a mother. The best and easiest thing to do is get something for the new parents from their baby registry, but I have also found a few things that any new mama would love. (Cause I would!)

Memory Box

I was turned on to Paper Coterie by a friend/"cousin" of mine. They are a great paper product site that offers cute, personalized everything. I always keep my eyes peeled for specials or Groupon deals for them. FYI they have a 40% off sale going on right now. Their memory boxes in particular, are great for storing cute things like baby's first onesie, baby book, a newborn diaper, or hospital bracelets. Ours also contains a greeting from President Obama!



Honest Diaper Cake

I have so much love for The Honest Company. They have great products suitable for babies and mommies with sensitive skin, or even just eco-conscious families. I would've been over the moon with joy if someone had given me an Honest diaper cake! It comes complete with not only 92 diapers, but useful baby and household necessities like wipes, their awesome Healing Balm, and laundry pods. Newborns pretty much = laundry, so that is amazing. The price is pretty steep for a diaper cake ($125), but you can always opt to get mama a diaper bundle ($80) or a gift card for whatever amount you're comfortable with giving.



Personalized Stickers

Etsy is a virtual treasure trove of awesome personalized gifts for mommies and babes, such as monthly stickers, to track your baby's growth month by month. You can find them in any shape, colour, and pattern: ties, bow ties, flowers, cupcakes, or classic circular badges. In our house, we like chevrons, yellow, and grey. :)


Monogrammed Jewelry

I have a bit of a monogram obsession, so it comes as no surprise to those who know me, that I think this is a great gift idea! Etsy has some incredible shops that do really nice solid or plated jewelry. Getting mommy something with her baby's name or initial engraved on it is a super sweet present. SpeciallyForU has created several very pretty rose gold plated over sterling silver pieces for me, that I have given as gifts to others and to myself. The one below is my especial favourite. Bea, the shop owner is the bees knees, too!



Customized Nursery Art

Assuming you know the name of your mommy friend's future baby, you can always have a cute little piece custom made for their nursery! Whether it's the baby's name, initial, or a little picture featuring a personal touch, this gift will be a total hit. Of course, it helps if you have an idea of what the theme or colours of their nursery are. If you really wanna go all out, you can even have it framed to save mama the trouble.

The Etsy seller I got this print from is on vacation, but there are still a plethora of options.

While these gifts may not be the essentials for life with a newborn, they are certainly fun, original, and will definitely stand out from the rest. Either way, new mommies just want to be pampered and appreciated. (Offer your baby-sitting services too, if you can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment