Image Map

Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Huge Ball of Energy

I don't know if this is true, but I have always been under the impression that little boys are more physical and energetic than little girls. I was a pretty active kid, but I remember relishing my quiet time. I have babysat my fair share of little girls and little boys, and the difference was not really remarkable as far as I can remember, so I am not sure why I think this. I am certain why I think that now, however. I. Am. Exhausted.

Babies grow and learn and change at such an alarmingly fast rate, -too fast for mamas to grasp! My little Noah went from being a gentle, sleepy creature, to a mobile, super zippy, whirling dervish in the span of three weeks. It is currently 3am and I am writing because I can't get back to sleep after someone woke me up at 1:30am, ready to party. I know, I know, it's not helping to stare at a computer screen, but too late now.

My exciting night

Noah wanted to eat, so I fed him, but clearly it wasn't enough because he proceeded to blast my eardrums with his mighty baby voice in protest.

As I reassured him that I would get him some more, he snapped my necklace clear off my neck. Fabulous.

After he had finished his second bottle, I burped him, and while he bounced happily as I did this, he proceeded to barf all over me, himself, and the blanket over the chair. Super fabulous.

I put him down so I could clean up the mess, and he immediately speed-crawled over to Tidbit so that he could stand at her cage and laugh maniacally with happiness. There was no way this kid was going to go to sleep.

Then, after making his way to the coffee table to throw all the magazines off and dance, he looked over at me, grinning from ear to ear. This either means he loves me so much and is about to crawl over to me and climb Mt. Mommy, or he has just pooped. It was the latter.

On the bright side, his diaper rash is pretty much gone. A combination of Penaten and Honest Healing Balm was the recipe, mainly because it was what I had in my house.

I stuck him in the ErgoBaby and walked around the apartment aimlessly until he fell asleep. But before that happened, there was a lot of shrieking and thrashing in the carrier.

I am really grateful to be a stay at home mom right now, because I would be so, so screwed if I had to go to work in a few hours. It's not exactly like I can take it easy and "rest" at home, but at least my boss is super cute and huggable, albeit crazy and as energetic as caffeine incarnate.

My little stinker

No comments:

Post a Comment