Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Go With the Ergo

When Noah was 6 months old we purchased an Ergobaby carrier. We already owned a Baby Bjorn, as well as a Moby Wrap, but he had pretty much outgrown the Bjorn, and the Moby was way too hot to use in the summer. Both of these two carriers served us well for the first few months, but we really needed something that was comfortable for both Brendan and I to carry the ever growing Noah in.

If you are a new mom or mom-to-be, I highly recommend getting an Ergobaby if you get any carrier at all. The Ergobaby is comfortable, beautiful, and so practical. I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting it sooner! The prices range from $115 to $195 if you buy directly from the Ergobaby website. However, I know that if you go to your local baby consignment shops or even Craigslist, you might be able to find one for a steal like my friend, Robyn did.

Since I wanted a very specific one, I opted to buy it directly from Ergobaby at full price ($120). This way, I was absolutely sure of it's authenticity (as opposed to getting it on Amazon from questionable sellers), and I could choose the colour and style I wanted. I fell in love with the Galaxy Grey original style, because I love stars and grey is the perfect neutral. Shipping was insanely fast too, I was pretty impressed, and I am one impatient girl.

With the hood on
Why the Ergobaby is Awesome:

  • It has cushy straps that don't dig into your shoulders, which is a must, especially if your baby is on the heavier side.
  • Wide hip strap. The wide belt that sits across your hips evenly distributes the weight between your hips and your shoulders, -never your back.
  • Doesn't feel too crazypants hot outside in the summer sun.
  • The carrier holds your baby in the perfect, ergonomic position. Ideal for avoiding any concerns about hip dysplasia.
  • It allows you to carry your baby three ways: front carry, back carry, and hip carry.
  • The Ergobaby has a hood to protect baby from sun, rain, or over stimulation from crowds.
  • Has a handy zippered pocket
  • Can hold a baby that is up to 45lbs. (although I'm not sure you'd want to, necessarily)



Handy pocket for the hood


Huge, sturdy and secure clasp
This thing has actually saved my sanity on many a night when Noah refuses to sleep! Rather than just holding him in my arms, and he is heavy let me tell you, wearing him lets me hold him close and it feels completely secure. Plus, what's better than snuggling your babe? Nothing at all on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment