Image Map

Monday, September 30, 2013

How To Have Trendy Nails With a Baby

Zoya Pixie Dust in Nyx
Who doesn't love a good manicure? It always makes me feel so nice to look down at my hands and see lovely, well-groomed nails. Even if sometimes they have poop on them for a moment while I'm changing Senor Squirmy's diaper. If painted nails aren't your thing, I get it, and that is cool. If, however, you were once a nail polish lover before baby and now have no idea how to incorporate it into your life, I can show you one of my shortcuts.

I guess it's really much more of a mini, multi-step process rather than a shortcut. This is because I never have enough time to give myself a mani in one go. Something will inevitably happen that will result in some globby, half-assed mess, that will make me sad that I even bothered to try.

As for trendy nail polish, I have found that the easiest kind to use is the textured kind. Zoya's Pixie Dust collection is to die for! They've got a nice selection of pretty colours for all seasons, and the best part is that they are "5-Free". They are guaranteed to be free of formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, dibutyl pthalate, and camphor. I used them while I was pregnant and my doctor loved the idea so much that she bought a bunch for herself too!

Textured nail polish certainly isn't for everybody, but I am obsessed with them. They dry really matte and sparkly, and feel like sugar cubes. Plus they last forever and a day and aren't as difficult to remove as regular sparkly polishes. What else is wonderful about them is that you don't need a base coat or top coat, and they dry more quickly than regular polishes (about 10 minutes).
Zoya Pixie Dust in Vespa

Lilibeth's Sneak-in a Manicure Today Plan:

1. Clip and/or file your nails straight across after you brush your teeth in the morning. Round off the corners so you don't slice your child.

2. Push your cuticles back in the shower.

3. Moisturization is key. If I don't, my nails peel and my cuticles crack and bleed.

4. Wash hands and apply one coat of Pixie Dust at the beginning of one of Noah's naps.

5. If he is still asleep after 30 minutes, it is a go for a second coat! If not, wait til next nap.

After the second coat, you are essentially done and you have really fun, funky nails without having to go to the salon. Of course, you could always ask your partner to give you an hour to yourself one day, if they are around. I know Brendan is always happy to oblige and let me indulge!

Zoya's also got a special going on until the end of the week. (Yesss!) If you buy 3 Pixie Dust nail polishes and use the code LOCK, you get a free miniature manicure kit that includes polish remover, base coat, top coat and drying drops. Free shipping on any order over $30 +gift with purchase as well. Pretty sweet. I think Zoya might only be available in the USA though, I'm so sorry if this was a tease. I do know that some drugstore brands like Sally Hansen have their own version of the textured polishes. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment