Image Map

Monday, October 6, 2014

The Great Pumpkin Adventure

Alright it wasn't actually that great, but there were pumpkins, and life with our Small Human is always an adventure. This past weekend the Wilsons took the requisite fall family trip out to a pumpkin patch. The boys had a great time, which is all that matters to me. I am a city girl, and sometimes I get uncomfortable around too much nature. Laugh all you want, but I totally have a grass phobia. I'm not talking well maintained park and lawn grass, I mean crazy, long farm grass. Omg heebie jeebies.

Anyway, we took a hayride with a bajillion toddlers, and our guy was the only one who didn't want to be contained. I'm really glad Brendan was holding him, because if it was just me, I would've dropped him from all the squirming. The best part of the entire experience was seeing my husband with our son. My heart was exploding with happiness the whole time.

Afterwards we ate at a big chain restaurant for family dinner, and for those of you who don't know, I have made it my life's mission to try every American family restaurant chain. It was great, even though I only ate about 20% of my food because the portions were so humongous. I had a parenting win when Small Human willingly ate some ZUCCHINI. That was the vegetable that made him vomit all over his stroller two weeks ago, so this was an extremely brave move on my part. I think he enjoyed it because it was salty and breaded so the green part was hidden. Ah, toddlers.

Have a wonderful Monday and a great week ahead.

Momie's silly, signature picture head tilt doesn't impress Small Human

On the hayride

heart explosions





No comments:

Post a Comment