Image Map

Friday, October 3, 2014

My Karma

I am pretty certain I got what was coming to me today. Apparently, when I was little, I was an obnoxious screamer and tantrum thrower. I do remember being that way, and I still remember the look my mother got in her eye when I was misbehaving in public. It was a murderous rage look that meant I had crossed the line.

Small Human received this look from me a few times in the span of thirty minutes. He had woken up really, extra early this morning after having gone to bed really, extra late last night, so exhaustion is to blame, but still. We had music class and all he did was whine, scream, cry, pull everything out of my purse, smacked his head on the floor on purpose, stole instruments from the smaller babies, and clung to me and slapped me.

We actually left class twice, but the first time he wanted to go back in so we did, and the second time I just needed to get him out of there. We couldn't even finish a short, forty-five minute class. When we got home I told him I didn't like him acting like that and I think he understood my displeasure because he would just cover his little face and cry. The whining never stopped even after we got home, and he was so tired he fell asleep on the dining room floor. When I picked him up to put him in his crib he woke up crying, wanting to be held and I completely lost it and yelled at him to go to sleep. I mean I really yelled, like a crazy, angry moose mommy.

I walked out of his room and there was total silence. He must have been so shocked and tired that he went right to sleep. Now it is not even noon here and I feel like it's 7pm already. I don't know how I'm going to have the patience to deal with today. I love him so much, but he drove me so crazy that it's hard to just let it go. The morning is over. It's almost the weekend. I can't wait for his Dada to come home. (Please come home soon, babe.)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Your very frazzled neighbourhood Lilibeth xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment