Image Map

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Product Junkie

Most people would probably be surprised to learn that I am a product junkie because I don't look like I spend a ton of time primping and prepping in front of a mirror, but I totally am one. My problem, as with most beauty junkies, is that I am always on the lookout for the best version of something. The best makeup primer with staying power; the best non irritating exfoliating masque; the best highlighter that makes you look like a glowing angel. I find it to be the most fun and girliest thing in the world, and I will probably never stop.

However, this is not to say that I am a hoarder. No sirree, you will not find clutter in my bathroom! Luckily Sephora, where I get most of my products is really great about returns and exchanges, so I never feel like I'm wasting my money. If I have purchased a product that sucks it's never a problem, even after two months. They are having their big 20% off VIB sale next week and I am giddy with anticipation.

My main beauty obsession is skincare and keeping my face and neck healthy and moisturized, but my favourite makeup indulgence has absolutely got to be highlighter. Oh and blush. My main makeup goal in life is to achieve the dewy glow that Jessica Alba's makeup artist somehow imparts on her. It's so lovely. *le sigh*

Sephora and I go all the way back to 1998, where the first thing I bought was a bottle of the now discontinued Benefit Lighting, which was not surprisingly a golden highlighter and body shimmer. After that, I was hooked and we became BFFs.

Of course, you don't have to be beauty product obsessed in order to take advantage of the sale. Everyone needs shampoo and face wash, and Sephora carries those too, so it's a good idea to stock up on your necessities so that you don't have to buy them at full price when you run out of things. The code is GIFTVIB.

Happy almost Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment