Image Map

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Oh My Little Boy

My Small Human,

One day you will wonder why I took ten million pictures of you before the age of two, and that is because I never want to forget. I enjoy our time together each day because someday you won't be all mine as you are now, before your own plans and friends and your life take over. I take pictures because I know that time and age will slowly chip away at my memories, and they won't be as vivid and intense as I want them to be.

I don't ever want to forget your tiny, striped pajama-clad body, clinging to me as you fall asleep for your afternoon nap, drool covering my left shoulder; or the sweet, honey shea scent of your hair that I can still smell on me after I put you down in your crib.

I don't want to forget how small you once were, even when you are a tall man, with stubble, looking down at your Momie who once seemed so big. Right now you are my littlest boy, growing bigger every day, so you'll have to excuse me for wanting to capture that forever in pictures.

I don't want to forget how fat your cheeks are, or how big and smushy your diapered bottom is. One day, all the toys you love to play with now will be "for babies" and my heart will break a little. I am so proud of the person that you are turning into, sweet tempered (except for the tantrums!), always curious, independent and very persistent.

I love everything about you, the good, the bad, and the smelly, and I have the pictures to prove it.

Love always, Momie


No comments:

Post a Comment