Image Map

Monday, October 13, 2014

Giving Thanks

Back home in Canada where we are from, it's Thanksgiving. Canadian Thanksgiving confuses Americans, but it's pretty much the same thing only earlier. It always falls on a Monday, isn't quite as big of a deal as Christmas is, plus no one shops the next day.

For me, Thanksgiving was the holiday that fell around my mum's birthday, so there was always a lot of food that long weekend. Every year, my sister and I were in charge of making the mashed potatoes from scratch, so after twenty years of doing this, I now make a mean mashed potato. I wish I could say I make a mean pancit but sadly I do not. (Daddy, teach me your recipe already!)

I have to confess that I have been feeling a bit angry and bitter as of late, but for some reason I still feel very grateful to have everything that I have in my life. My life is great, I have no doubts about that, but oftentimes it can be hard to recognize and admit it when you focus on the bad events that have just recently ravaged your emotions.

Thank you to the special people who have taken the time to message me with your genuine concern and well wishes, and for those of you who have helped to ease my soul. Your kindness means more to me than any words can express.

I'm so thankful for the life that I am living. Not the life I aspire to have, or the life that I have lived, but the life that I have right now. It's perfect. Each day is challenging, taxing, exhausting, and sometimes infuriating, but it's also happy, fulfilling, amazing, and full of laughter. I wouldn't change a thing.

Be well, and enjoy your Today.

Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment