Image Map

Friday, November 29, 2013

Noah's First Thanksgiving

Being a couple of Canadians, Brendan and I never make any plans for American Thanksgiving because it tends to slip our minds. However, this year our very kind and accommodating friends invited us over for an evening of fun, food, and festivities.

We had a wonderful time and I think Noah did as well! It was the very first American Thanksgiving for our baby American. He ended up puking at the table a little bit because of his seemingly never ending aversion to solid food, but I don't think our hosts minded. It always makes me feel like such a mom when my kid pukes up on himself and I'm ready with a change of clean, comfy clothes. (Thanks again for the washcloths and plastic bag, R!)

I'm going to be very honest here, Canadians are so fond of ragging on and making fun of Americans, and I don't think it's always warranted. Since moving here, I have found people to be incredibly polite and welcoming. There's definitely a difference between cultures, but different isn't necessarily bad.

I love that Noah will have dual citizenship and that he will grow up with the inside scoop on being American and Canadian. He'll also grow up with my Filipino and French Canadian influences, and with his daddy's Italian and Irish ones. What a cool and lucky little boy. It's definitely something to be thankful for!

Have a marvelous weekend, everybody! xoxo

Noah's first place card!

Hanging with Uncle J and Carm

Delicious and beautiful dessert spread

No comments:

Post a Comment