Image Map

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Used To Be Hardcore

Many, many moons ago, I was all about making my body look as hot as I could. I also used to be an actress, so it makes sense. In show business image is everything. I genuinely enjoyed working out, I loved hot yoga, pilates, going to the gym, using weights, all of it.

I tried to plank for a minute just now and I thought I was going to die. I think I was supposed to start out with 20 seconds, but I forgot.

There was heavy breathing, shaking, there may have been swearing, and there was definitely sweating.

The problem is, I have no idea how to ease into things. I'm a go big or go home type of gal, which my husband pointed out the other day. So the goal that I have set for myself is to get back into shape gradually.

Before we have another baby, I'd like to up my fitness level a little bit. It's partially a vanity thing, but I also cannot imagine pushing Noah up and down hills in his stroller with a huge belly and limited lung capacity.

My motivation/ultimatum before the first baby, was to finally get my driver's license. My motivation for the second baby is to be physically healthy because I don't feel healthy. I get winded easily and I'm much more sedentary than I'd like to be. I think that our daily walks just aren't enough since I used to be so active before.

I can't believe I'm already talking about this, I blame it on Small Human turning one!

Anyway, I hope that I can fully commit to this plank challenge. Although, I probably shouldn't have looked at my belly as I was doing it. *shudder* But here's to stronger hips, abs and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment