Image Map

Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting Crafty With Pinterest

I've always been a creative soul, which is why I have found Pinterest to be a wonderful place to find cool new ideas and fun things to try. Me and the rest of the world, right?

You won't ever be completely unique when you're trying something you found on a site that every single girl in the universe reads every day, but that's not what it's all about. It's about doing things in your life that you think are fun and therefore will be memorable to you. Who cares what other people think?

Of course, what often ends up happening is that trends are created. I think I am one of 5 people I know that had a shoe birth announcement (because of Pinterest); and I am one of many friends who did weekly chalkboard bump picture updates (also Pinterest).

You know what though? It's beautiful in a way, because it's a piece of history that we're a part of. Historians will be able to pinpoint exactly what moment in time we are from because of the styles of pictures that we took and the activities that we all partook in.

Humans have been doing this for as long as we've had ideas to execute, so this is not a new phenomenon.

I guess this was just a very long-winded way of saying that Noah's whole birthday party was Pinterest inspired, and I am proud of it! I don't want to reveal too much beforehand, but this week is going to be spent finishing up (and in some cases, starting) some fun crafts celebrating his first year of life!

It won't be perfect, but  it will all have been done with love, and that's what counts. Plus it's fun and who am I to say no to that?

Have a wonderful week folks! Make it count!

Noah, pre-cake smash (Honest Co. diapers, Robeez shoe, hat from Marshalls)

No comments:

Post a Comment