Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

Party Time

The invitation
Parties are kind of unexpected oxymorons. When you think of a party, you always think of fun first, then usually music, food, and people. But when you're the party thrower, parties can also be mildly stressful and lots of work, which is very un-party like.

I've been having a great time coming up with ideas for Noah's first birthday party, but I have to admit that the execution is a bit taxing. It wouldn't be so bad if I could actually get things done while Noah was awake, but I usually have to skulk off to do a craft or bake while he's napping or down for the night.

This really doesn't leave many hours in the day for me. What's astonishing is that the party isn't going to be an elaborate one, or even a large one. Maybe I'm just really bad at managing my time.

Either way, it's going to be a cute little event at our humble abode, and the point is to celebrate the Small Human, who I'm certain will love his party for the people in attendance and cake, not for the Pinterest picture banner that mommy made for him while he was napping.

I can't wait to share the photos of the party with you on Monday! Have a great weekend everybody! I promise to eat lots of cake for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment