Image Map

Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Letter To My Son

Noah,

You were born a year ago today! I'd like to say it was the happiest day of my life, but it wasn't. I'm sad that it wasn't, but it was really difficult and painful for mommy, and I wasn't thinking clearly because of the drugs I was given. I was terrified to have a C-section operation but I think you were the only person in the world who could give me the courage to do it.

I loved you more than anybody ever loved anyone, and I was glad you were healthy and alive. For a while, daddy and I weren't sure you would be, and I think my heart would have shattered. Instead, you were pink and alert and hungry! A healthy baby man.

From the moment you were born, you were loved immediately by so many people. I hope you felt that love reaching you from all over the world even though they were all so far away.

Now you are one year old! You walk, you babble at us, you make our lives better with your happy, musical soul. Daddy and I hope that we can give you the best life, show you all the great things in our world, and keep you safe, happy and healthy.

We hope that you are always curious and adventurous, like your current one year old self. And of course, mommy wishes that you will always love her as much as you do right now. No matter what, I will be here for you. I will always be your momie, even if you terrorize me by piling up your toys to climb furniture, punch me with my own cell phone, or launch yourself head first into the big bathtub.

Happy first birthday my Small Human. Your journey has still only just begun.

Momie



No comments:

Post a Comment