Image Map

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Strangely Unfit

I am no stranger to working out hard. I am familiar with the ache you get in your muscles when it's been a long time since you've been truly active. I even know the difference between that feeling and the one you get if you've overdone it.

This pain I am experiencing however, is a new one. It almost feels like a post surgery, scary kind of pain, and I don't like it. The scary pain is mostly in my lower abdomen, even though my entire body is sore. I suppose it makes sense, since that area gets the weakest during pregnancy from the ab muscles getting stretched out so much.

I actually scared myself because I was touching my belly and it felt like I had squishy chicken nuggets in there. I am pretty certain they are fat pockets, which grossed me out and yet gave me a sense of relief. Ah, but my belly used to be so awesome! I was very proud of it's taught, flat state. I will get it back before I get pregnant again. I do not want fat nuggets anymore.

Seeing my friends lose weight and get fit has been really inspiring, too! (Jen, Rachel, Robyn, Charlene) Thank you friends, for going after your goals! Keep up the great work, I'll be following behind you!

This is a nice way to ease into working out postpartum

No comments:

Post a Comment