Image Map

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Glutton for Punishment

Every single week I go out for lunch at our favourite Greek restaurant in Capitol Hill, invite a friend or two or three and their babes, and try to have a civilized time. Now, however, I think I'm just a glutton for punishment, because I always end up stressed out, cranky, and suffering from mild indigestion afterwards. I think I'm going to have to stop going until Small Human learns to listen to me better.

This restaurant has a cute little play area for kids, which is great, if your kid actually stays there and plays. Mine, does not. He would rather try to sneak into the office, or supply closet, wander into the kitchen, disturb the display of glass jars at the front of the restaurant, try to escape through the front doors, or sneak into the bathroom to play with toilet water or turn on the sink for some water play. Today there were also tears, twice, and lots of consoling and French fry eating.

He is a very kind and sweet little boy, but he's super energetic and curious. I am in no way blaming him, I just think I have to admit to myself that restaurant lunch dates are not something I want to continue to do. Admitting defeat is hard. I think I feel like it's especially hard because all my friends have little girls who will just sit and play/read/eat quietly in one spot. Are you freaking kidding me?! I'd rather not deal with it anymore, unless his daddy is with us. Tag teaming is always so much more manageable.

I hear the east coast is enjoying some nicer weather, so get out there and breathe the fresh air!


No comments:

Post a Comment