Image Map

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Adventures in Motherhood

This week has been a big adventure for me, because Brendan has been away at a conference in San Francisco. I have to admit that I was terrified to be without my partner in crime for a whole week, so I caved and enlisted the help of a part time nanny. This young lady is like a magic toddler whisperer. Small Human loves her so much!

They have been playing Monday, Wednesday, and will be again today. As a result, I have definitely felt less stressed out, even though this morning was extremely irritating. My sweet boy woke up at 4:30am, climbed into bed with me, and proceeded to squirm and kick non stop until 7am. Then he ran into the hall, ripped the baby gate down (!!!), threw my plant and orchid off their shelf, and ransacked my bathroom drawer. He didn't hurt himself, which is the most important thing, but when I got out of bed at 7:20, I was an angry, groggy ogre of a mommy.

Thankfully, we got a nice visit from some friendly faces (The Other Wilsons!), and went out for a Frappuccio run, and now things are much better. I knew his sleep Monday to Wednesday had to be too good to be true. He had been joining me in the big bed at 5am every day and just lying quietly with me until I woke up. Even toddlers have their limits I suppose.

Counting down the minutes until my husband comes back! COME BACK, BABE.

pajama party

climbing the rope ladder like a boss

No comments:

Post a Comment