Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Mercifully Easy Breakfast Idea

When you have a lack of time, sleep, and sanity it's nice to be able to put yourself on autopilot, especially in the morning. The only way anything can get done easily in life always pretty much boils down to preparation. I was inspired by my beautiful and fancy chef friend, Hazel, who posted about making Egg McMuffins for the week. Because I love McDonald's and I love eating, I thought I would try it.

You can absolutely make these as healthy or unhealthy as you'd like. Since it's a Saturday, I splurged and verged on the unhealthy. :) 

What you need:

  • a lightly greased muffin pan
  • 6 to a dozen eggs
  • corresponding number of English muffins
  • precooked sausage crumbles
  • cheddar cheese
  • hash browns (if you so choose)

Preheat your oven to 350°Fcrack however many eggs you want to use in each cup. Don't worry about breaking the yokes, because the next step is to break each yoke with a fork! 



In my version, I sprinkled a few sausage crumbles directly into the cups with the eggs. If you want the traditional McDonald's way, you can fry up some sausage rounds separately, but I wanted to do everything all at once. Pop the tray in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the eggs look white and cooked.

Once the eggs are done, you can throw your hash browns in the oven and toast your English muffins in the toaster. Then you can butter them, slice up the cheese, build your sammie and tuck in!




Put your leftovers in containers to enjoy for the rest of the week. Yay for no-brainer breakfasts! Thanks Hazel P. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Noah looks ready to eat a McMuffin in the background:-)

    ReplyDelete