Image Map

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Bedtime



Last night, we had a breakthrough: Noah slept through the night. Not just 6 or 7 hours, but a whopping 11 hours. ELEVEN. And then he fell asleep again for another 2 hours. I'm not showing off, I'm just flabbergasted. I realize now, how annoying it is when people talk about how their babies are doing something that your baby isn't doing and won't shut up about it, so I will leave it at: I am grateful, please keep doing it, kid.

Our bedtime routine is pretty straightforward, Noah lets me know when he's ready with the standard eye-rubbing, which signals when I should start the winding down process. He love, love, loves Goodnight Moon! He enjoys all his books, but that one is his bedtime favourite. I'm thinking of getting it in French too, but we'll see. I really wish I could do a Christopher Walken impersonation when I read it to him, but that requires some embarrassing rehearsal that I just don't have time for! Into pajamas he goes, strap a bib on him (Aden+Anais, I'm obsessed), and give him his night bottle. If he's really exhausted, he'll refuse to hold it and make me do it, which is so ridiculously adorable that I have to comply. He's only a baby for so long, after all.

Oy, Sleepyface.
What's great about Seattle summers is that it's pretty hot during the day, but it always mercifully cools down at night. We have a few Halo sleepsacks that we like to use, so that Noah stays warm and I don't have to worry about my baby strangling to death at night because he moves non-stop, like babies do. I managed to find this adorable cable knit one that is my favourite!


I know you're not supposed to put any pillows or soft materials like toys and crib bumpers where baby sleeps, but he does feel comforted by his friend, Balthazar the Bunny. He was given to Noah by our friends when he was just a few weeks old, and we often find the two of them holding hands while fast asleep!



Once he's out like a light, that's when mommy I usually start making dinner, and Brendan shows up shortly after. So we actually do get some non mommy and daddy time every day, even if part of it is spent looking at pictures and videos I took of the baby that day!

Noah's Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment