Image Map

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Small Human Gets Bigger

Since I was about five years old I knew I wanted to be a mommy. When I finally became one at the beginning of this year, I reveled in it to my heart's content, even though my 18 hour labour was awful and I ended up delivering via C-section. This child is the love of my life, and I squeeze him, zerbert and kiss him, and tell him I love him about 75,000 times a day cause I know that little boys don't let you do that for as long as mommy wants to! His first 7 months of life have gone by so quickly, and he seems to visibly grow each new morning he wakes up.

Watching daddy set up his new car seat.
This past weekend was a big one in the Wilson household because we installed his "big boy" convertible car seat. How I am going to put his infant car seat in storage is beyond me. I will probably for sure cry. He was kind of unsure about it at first, but I think he finally warmed up to it.

The car seat choosing process was a lengthy one. I wanted to find something that was a good value, the safest I could find, and that was relatively stylish. We also needed something that would fit in our car, which is a 2-door coupe. (Don't get me started on the incredible fun of having a baby and a 2-door car.)

After wavering between 2 brands, Britax and Peg Perego, we ended up with a Britax because they have consistently been the top brand for car seat safety, and we have a Britax B-Agile stroller that I am obsessed with, which just pushed the vote over the edge. This still didn't really narrow it down, because there are five convertible Britax car seats, at which point I just researched the best one for smaller cars. The winner ended up being the Britax Roundabout 55, which had great reviews across the board for safety and comfort, was competitively priced at $130, and was super adorable! We got the "Silverlake" colour, which is nice, clean and neutral.

If I'm going to be 100% honest, this review on Amazon is what really got my attention and clinched the deal, -I mean seriously, are you kidding?!



This car seat sucks, mommy.


Just kidding, mommy!

It fits perfectly in our car, yay! I love how clean and new it looks, soon it will be covered in spit up, drool, and barf, but I don't mind as long as he's safe. :) Oh, but the bonus about this seat is that the cover comes off completely and can be thrown in the wash. Score.

Itsy bitsy 8 day old Noah in his infant car seat.


Noah's Links:

3 comments:

  1. It's so funny how scary it is when you first put them in that giant car seat and they look so tiny in it...and the next thing you know, their legs are hanging over the edge:-)
    Would you get that same Britax seat if you had a big car? I am just curious because I was planning to get a Britax, but wasn't sure which one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I had a bigger car, -say a Toyota Highlander. I might buy the Britax Marathon 70-G3. ;) But I would definitely still get a Britax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added the link for you above, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete