Image Map

Friday, April 17, 2015

Some Happy News

Brendan, Small Human, and I are happy to announce that we are expecting yet another Small Human in the fall! Baby Wilson will be joining us in early October. It's really weird that everyone knows now. I mean, if you saw me in real life, there is no denying it, no amount of Big Macs could make me look like this. It was just really nice to have a special secret. I'm 15 weeks today, but I look about 20, probably because my body's like, "It's a UNIX system, I know this!" Sorry, that's one of my most used Jurassic Park references. If you don't get it, congratulations, you're too young, or too bad, you're probably a little older than me.

I have been asked by many if I will be doing the bump chalkboards again like I did the first time, and the answer is: yes. However, I don't think I will be doing it weekly simply because I don't have the time and luxury anymore.

It's funny, after my miscarriage last September, I wasn't allowed to get pregnant again until November. But then November came and went, and then December came and went, and still no baby. I was so sad and terrified that I was now somehow infertile, and I kid you not, the day before I took a pregnancy test, I was on my couch in tears and looking up fertility clinics in Seattle. I was certain I wasn't pregnant because my stomach was cramping like my period was coming and I was so crabby. I've never been so happy to be wrong.

Still, I was skeptical, I lost trust in my body. My OB let me see the baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, and I got to hear it at 13 weeks. He is a beautiful, acrobatic, healthy thing, and I'm so happy and thankful and grateful every day.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and wishes and prayers. I feel so lucky to be surrounded by such great people. Thanks for stopping in from time to time to see me on my journey. Have a wonderful weekend!

Taken March 27, 2015

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Danny! Isn't it hilarious that we have kids now?! :P

    ReplyDelete