Image Map

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Homemade Face & Body Scrub

I was really bored yesterday afternoon, so I decided to make my own body scrub with all the stuff already in my kitchen while Small Human played. After I had mixed all the ingredients together, I realized that it would be great for the face and lips as well!

It was so satisfying to make and delicious to use, and I don't have to worry about any creepy hormone disrupting parabens in it used to prolong shelf life. I can't wait to experiment with different ingredients next time, like sea salt and raw sugar.

Lilibeth's Super Easy Face, Lip, and Body Scrub

1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup of coconut oil (softened in the microwave for 15 sec)
1/2 tbsp or 1 tbsp of almond extract

Mix the two sugars together well. Mix in the coconut oil and the extract. You can use any flavour extract you like in theory, or even a few drops of your favourite essential oil. Spoon into a clean, empty jar. Use within two months.

I used it yesterday afternoon on my face and to slough off the dead skin on my lips in the evening, and so far I'm loving the scent, sweetness, and it's got a nice texture. It left my skin super silky and moisturized, and it cost me pennies!



No comments:

Post a Comment