Image Map

Friday, January 23, 2015

Oh Noes!

For months now, I have been complaining about how my Small Human is in a major daddy phase. Yesterday though, after a particularly taxing day for both of us, he finally turned around. He hadn't slept much the night before, and even had the shortest nap known to mankind the following day, so the poor kid was running on fumes, but I was there for him. There were mini temper tantrums and meltdowns, due to exhaustion no doubt, but I stuck by him (mostly) patiently.

That night, he woke up yet again, at 1am, but instead of asking for his daddy he wanted only me. He fell asleep instantly in the big bed, and I was a happy snugglepotamus momie. I was happy, that is, until I started to feel very nauseous and my stomach started cramping up. I tried to transfer him to his bed but he only wanted, "Mom hugs! Sleepy!" I seriously thought I was going to puke all over my son and felt terrible having to leave him screaming at the top of his lungs at 4am so I could run to the bathroom from hamburger food poisoning.

Thanks universe, all I wanted was for my son to actually want me, and I had to wrench myself away! This is now the fourth time I have experienced a churning stomach from a hamburger here in Seattle. I always ask for it well done but always receive it quite red in the middle, so never again. I want to hurl just thinking about it so I will stop here.

Hopefully my Small Human will continue to need and want his mom. There is no worse feeling in the world than when the person you love more than anything in your life, that you have sweat and bled for, wants nothing to do with you. It's selfish, but I really like feeling loved back.

Happy Friday, have a wonderful weekend! I have a high tea date tomorrow and I am soooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment