Image Map

Monday, January 26, 2015

Nighttime Waker

Developmental changes must be occurring because Small Human wakes up every single night now after 3-4 hours of sleep. It is stressful and exhausting. It also really hurts when he wakes up asking for his dad. I always knew that motherhood would be selfless, but I didn't think it would be completely thankless as well. It makes me feel like an unpaid intern working 24 hours a day with no weekends.

It is now midnight as I write this, and I just sent my son away with no hugs or comfort after yet another nighttime waking. I am way too stressed out to care. My stupid life revolves around him, and he couldn't care less. I'm literally sick with a cold and fed up and tired, and I would very much like a vacation but I know that is not happening.

My heart isn't in this anymore. Today was a hard day.

Here is a quick read for those also experiencing rejection from their toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment