Image Map

Monday, January 5, 2015

Toddler Bed Chronicles: Part 3

Not a word of a lie, it is time for this week's installment of the Toddler Bed Chronicles, which is quickly turning into a mini series. We keep trying new things with our Small Human and the latest was putting a child proof lock on the fridge for our peace of mind. The baby gate on his door was only agitating him and making him start his day out badly, so we've decided that isn't the solution for us.

Sunday morning I awoke to cries of "I stuck! I stuck!" coming from the living room. I ran to the living room terrified of what I would find because of our once again, probably horribly neglectful parenting, but discovered a little boy who thought it would be a good idea to try to wedge his head under the couch. No big deal, just some childlike exploration right? That's when I got a good look at his face, and his mouth and cheek were red with blood!

I went into mommy crisis mode and brought him to the bathroom to clean up the poor wounded babe at 7:30 in the morning. When I switched the light on, it looked like a Sephora had exploded in my bathroom. It seems my "wounded" child had actually gotten into mommy's lipstick drawer, and the red on his face wasn't blood, it was Nars Velvet Matte Dragon Girl lipstick. Hey, it was dark in the living room, ok?

I hope you're all having a great new year! Happy Monday. xo


No comments:

Post a Comment